YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL, THE NILGIRIS!!!
The aim of this esteemed institution is to cater to the needs of this hilly and difficult terrain of over 7 lakh population in terms of achieving quality health care. We promise to provide our citizens with the state of art facilities and comprehensive health care within reach to the common public of this district comprising of six taluks- Udhagamandalam (Ooty/ Ootacamund) , Kundah , Coonoor , Kotagiri , Gudalur and Pandalur , 35 village panchayats and 11 town panchayats .
Nilgiris was considered as one of the backward districts in the health sector for various reasons including poor doctor-patient ratio, high vacancies in Government Hospitals and Clinics. Pregnant women in the district were referred and shifted to Government Coimbatore Medical College and Hospital for C-sections. The majority of the population had to travel to the Coimbatore district for specialty care and also the majority of the population belongs to the rural sector. The district is also swarmed by around 50,000 tourists a day.
- Our main services will be oriented towards overcoming the above shortcomings by providing all the health care facilities within reach to the people of Nilgiris and also to provide best of care, for the COVID Pandemic crisis through the COVID Treatment Centers, Covid Rehabilitation Center and the Vaccination Program. The 24 hours RTPCR lab facility at our hospital is the only COVID Testing facility available for the Nilgiris district with a capacity of more than 2000 samples per day.
- The National Health Mission schemes and various Government of Tamil Nadu schemes such as the Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam , Innuyir Kaapoem Thittam – nammai kakkum -48 to name a few are unique schemes available for the welfare of the people of this district .
This charter will provide the citizens with first hand information on the hospital and medical educational facilities available in this locale.
The important links pertaining to the same:
- HOSPITAL : STATE OF ART FACILITY IN A SERENE LOCALITY WITH 24 HOUR PATIENT FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE [PHOTO GALLERY OF HOSPITAL] WITH ALTERNATIVE THERAPY FACILITIES
- COLLEGE CAMPUS: STATE OF ART FACILITY WITH A STUDENT FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE WITH RENOWNED FACULTY AND ABUNDANT CLINICAL MATERIAL [PHOTO GALLERY] , SKILL LAB FACILITY,E-LEARNING FACILITY, RESEARCH TRAINING FOR UNDER GRADUATES & CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION .
- COUNSELING SERVICES : ICTC, TRIBAL COUNSELING SERVICES
- 24 HOURS CENTRAL LAB SERVICES : PATHOLOGY, MICROBIOLOGY , BIOCHEMISTRY
- 24 hours RTPCR LAB facility
- MRI, CT SCAN
- BLOOD BANK
- VOLUNTEER SUPPORT
- PANDEMIC INFORMATION CENTER
- COVID 19 TREATMENT CENTER
- COVID 19 REHABILITATION CENTER
- AMBULANCE SERVICES : INHOUSE , 108, RED CROSS SERVICES